The Toughglaze Journey
In our time our processing plant production facility has grown from 300 sq ft¬†to a 197,000 sq ft factory, containing some of the most advanced glass processing equipment in the world.
At Toughglass we recognise¬†the need to be different from our competitors, but just being different is not enough. We distinguish ourselves within the market sector by staying at the forefront of technological developments and our extensive knowledge in the glass processing industry sets us apart from our competitors.
We have heavily invested in¬†our state-of-the-art production equipment and facilities,¬†and are constantly improving the efficiency of our production methods. Continuously focusing on 100% quality, we have been awarded accreditation‚Äôs for ISO 9001: 2015 with products complying with BS EN standards as listed on our Kite Mark Licence.
Our Daily Production Facility can now process up to 4,000 pieces of cut glass, 3,000 square metres of toughened glass, 1,500 square metres of laminated glass and 2,000 square metres of double glazed units.
Logistics and Distribution
Our in-house logistics and distribution department manages and operates 30 vehicles¬†ranging from HGVs, transits to smaller commercial vans and¬†we offer primary and secondary distribution services using our dedicated/network vehicles. Our diverse range of vehicles has the capability of distributing bulk consignments throughout the UK to meet large and demanding schedules.
What is Fire Resistant Glass?
Fire Resistant Glass defends against the spread of flames and smoke and includes¬†wired¬†glass,¬†glass¬†ceramics and specially tempered¬†glass.¬†Fire Resistant and Protective glazing are suitable where building codes allow.¬†Fire glass¬†does not burn,¬†it retains¬†heat¬†and refracts light as a result of burning gas. Fire glass¬†is tempered¬†glass¬†manufactured as a medium to retain and redirect¬†heat¬†and is proven to provide protection against fire and smoke. The degree of protection will depend on the type of glass and certain types of¬†fire-resistant glass will also provide a degree of protection against heat¬†and smoke of a fire. Fire resistant glass can give protection from 30 minutes upwards and the grade you choose depends on the Building Regulation requirements.
What is Fire Resistant Glass used for?
The use of¬†fire-resistant glass¬†is an important component in building safety, and Building Regulations specify where it must be¬†used, some of which include; providing a safe escape route, preventing a¬†fire¬†spreading,¬†limiting the risk of injury from the glass on impact.
No project or development is the same and it is vital to get the right glass product for each¬†element. At Toughglaze we provide the technical know-how and product range for every fire resistant glass requirement, manufactured at our factory, bespoke to you and at a competitive price.
Toughglaze Fire Resistant Glass
Due to demand ToughGlaze has developed its own modified toughened¬†fire resistant glass which comes with an E30 rating. This product requires special edge finish and specialised calibrated toughening process and is tested in accordance¬†with¬†BS EN 1364-1. Each glass will carry its own certification, and ToughGlaze¬†maintains production records of each panel manufactured and these are available to our customers upon request.
We manufacture a vast assortment of fire glass shapes, sizes and colours and they are available to match a wide variety of contemporary d√©cors. During the manufacturing process, sheets of glass are tempered to withstand heat. This process prevents the glass from “popping” when used in a fire and negates the threat of sparking that can be seen in traditional wood-burning fireplaces or fire features. These tempered sheets of glass are then shattered and professionally tumbled to reduce the risk of injury from sharp edges. Although a variety of fire-resistant glass types exist, variations are purely aesthetic, and all varieties serve the same purpose within a fire resistant feature.
Based on your specific requirements of your project, the technical specification will be provided on a project by project basis.
Our Product Range
We manufacture, distribute and fit glass for any size project, however big or small, and we can supply every type of glass you need, to your measurements, style and colour including:
- Fire Resistant Glass – Tempered glass manufactured to withstand fire, heat and smoke
- Privacy Glass – Privacy glass allows a view from one side and prevents a view in from the other side
- Toughened Glass – Toughened glass¬†can be up to¬†five times stronger than ordinary glass and does not shatter into jagged shards when broken,¬†it¬†fractures into small, relatively harmless pieces
- Toughened Laminate – Toughened laminate offers safety with security and its performance will vary depending on construction
- Ballistic Resistant Glass – Ballistic glass often referred to as bullet proof glass is a transparent armour or¬†bullet-
resistant glass that is particularly resistant to being penetrated when struck
- Bomb Blast Glass –¬†Bomb¬†blast-resistant¬†glass allows buildings to maintain a high level of safety and security¬†and can be used in larger window spaces. It resists against explosive fragments and blast pressure waves, increasing a building‚Äôs defence and the safety of anyone inside
- Acoustic Glass –¬†Acoustic glass¬†consists of two or more sheets of¬†glass bonded together with one or more¬†acoustic¬†interlayers like a double glazed window. The interlayers act as a noise dampening core, weakening the sound as it travels through the¬†glass
- Walk on Glass – ‘Walk¬†on’¬†glass is fitted where light or vision is required or wanted to pass between two layers of a building, creating a frameless structure and a truly exclusive feature. The¬†glass is manufactured using the highest specifications of glazing to ensure a strong, durable and lightweight floor
- Water Resistant Glass – Water Resistant glass is coated to ensure the glass becomes water-resistant, thus repelling water, dust, oil
, dirt and a host of aqueous solutions
- Heat Soaked Glass – Heat Soaked glass is typically used for high rise glass facades, overhead glazing and balconies and balustrades as it is tougher and safer¬†over other types of glass
- Heat Strengthened Glass –¬†Heat-strengthened glass is approximately twice as strong as annealed, or untreated,¬†glass
- Mirrored Glass – Mirrored glass is just that, it can be used as mirrors, doors, room partitions, sides of building and the list goes on
¬†Our Decorative Range Glass Includes:
- Digital Printing –¬†Digital Printing is the perfect way for Architects, Developers and Designers to permanently display creative images onto Facades, Windows and Internal design features
- Fabric Interlayers –¬†Fabric interlayers incorporate architectural fabrics and fabric meshes. Architects and interior designers use it in conjunction with digital printing processes and coloured interlayers, providing a myriad of bespoke design solutions to¬†their clients
- Mesh Interlayers – Mesh interlayers is a collaborative range of Aluminium, Stainless Steel and Copper Mesh‚Äôs laminated into glass, creating one of the most stunning architectural design and decor products available today
- Coloured Interlayers – Coloured Interlayers¬†provides architects and designers over 3,000 transparent or translucent glass colours. The system is based on a foundational palette of 13 basic colours that can be combined in up to 4 layers to produce custom coloured glass. They are designed to provide years of colour durability, even when exposed to direct sunlight
- Screen Printing – Screenprinting¬†can be used for; wall cladding, cubicles, decorative walls, facade spandrel panels, decals, decorative doors and signage. The colours are fixed and guaranteed for the life of the glass, even when glazed externally
- Splashbacks – Splashbacks are typically used for kitchen or bathroom splashbacks, glass worktops, mirrors, spandrel panels, curved and shaped glass, shower panels and¬†glass sinks and¬†are manufactured to fit in any colour or design
- Sandblasting –¬†Sandblasted glass, or ‘frosted glass’, is produced by sandblasting a clear sheet of glass. It has the effect of rendering the glass translucent by the scattering of light, thus blurring images to obtain privacy, whilst still transmitting light
- Structural Glass Fixings –¬†Structural glass fixings are used for frameless structures including; showers, pool fences, moveable walls, commercial door entries¬†creating any transparent fixtures
- World of Light Glass –¬†Light code technology takes edge-lighting to new levels and will comfortably light up to 2.7m in height with one light source or 3.5m with a dual light source. The light is evenly distributed across the panel and consists of an acrylic panel with a bespoke pattern applied to one side. When LED light is shone into the edge of the panel, it refracts when it hits the pattern, and is sent back out through the front face. The pattern is custom-calibrated for every application to create an illuminated panel of evenly spread brightness. World of light glass can be used for displays, training rooms, meeting rooms, bathrooms, kitchens or to create a bespoke and one-off feature in a home or office
Our Glass Applications Include:
- Partitions & Screens
- Glass Balustrades
- Structural Glass
- Glass Doors
- Glass Floors
- Wall Cladding
- Roof Lights
At Toughglaze we work in the Leisure, Public Transport, Residential, Commercial and Retail sectors and our customers return again and again. If you are looking for Fire Resistant Glass or any type of glass to be manufactured to your specific requirements and design then Toughglaze can help.¬†Our team of experts will advise you on the type of glass you need from a safety and design aspect and we will manufacture it in our specialist factory, using our state-of-the-art production equipment to deliver you 100% quality every time. Give us a call on 0208 838 4400 and one of the team will be happy to help or alternatively you can visit us at www.toughglaze.com to request a quote.